Make the decision today to lead your own life and achieve the results from your job and career that deep down you know are possible. Taking the lead in your job and career yields greater results than leaving it up to others. With ambition comes responsibility and accountability. Our over dependence on “the boss” to make our job better or motivate us, undermines our own ability and power, and over emphasizes his or hers. To create better outcomes for yourself, choose a leadership mind set.
Here are some ways on how to do this:
• move from waiting for instruction to instructing yourself
• know and accept yourself as you are (warts and all),
• articulate what you do know and admit when we don’t,
• realize you don’t know it all and you don’t need to,
• develop self-awareness and dissolve limiting beliefs,
• avoid defensiveness when challenged,
• listen and consider others perspectives,
• appreciate everyone’s contribution including our own,
• be open to the people around you, seeking first to hear them first
• gain control over distracting mental habits such as taking things personal, labelling, jumping to conclusions and discounting.
To get started, figure out how you would like things to be in your career or job right now. Then trust your instincts to lead you to take the right steps and in the right direction. As you reflect on your progress, continuously re-focus yourself on the task in hand. This new sense of empowerment will boost you and power up the inherent resources that lie within and carry you through to the next phase.
If you find yourself getting caught up in old habits of blaming and complaining, then you know you have lost connection with your leader within. So keep focused on the task in hand, apply your strengths and do your best. This cultivates resilience and develops an unstoppable mind-set that is kind but curious, cautious but adventuresome, and when unleashed makes life easier, solid and a lot more fulfilling.
So make the decision today to lead your own life and achieve the results from your job and career that deep down you know are possible. For help and to accelerate this process – book a coaching session now!